BACK TO THE BRICKS


Every fall most people are excited for the leaves to start falling and to taste their first sip of a pumpkin spice latte but for me, it's homecoming.  I graduated from Ohio University and I still make my annual trip back every homecoming to relive my glory days of staying up all night and then enjoying kegs and eggs at the crack of dawn before the parade.  I sometimes still think I am enrolled there and frequently say oh ya I live here or I go to OU....I guess some things you jut can't let go of, this being one of them.



My friends and I piled into our cars after a long "grown up" work week to go back to our playground we call, OU.  After getting stuck in traffic and lost in a detour I finally made it back to where I left my heart.  I teared up as soon as my tires hit the bricks of Athens on Court St.  I cannot describe how much this place means to me.  It was overwhelmingly special to be back there with all of my best friends and reminiscing about all of our memories and the ones we can't quite remember.  We enjoyed bar hopping and gulping down all of their signature drinks at every bar then to end the night with our favorite drunk food.  The smell of stale beer, the way my feet stick to the floor, and the insanely loud music in every bar, I miss it all!  I would give anything to go back and relive those best 4 years of my life.  I cannot imagine going to a different college and meeting a different group of people.  For those of you still in college ENJOY IT...it will pass by FAST.  I guess all good things must come to an end but I am proud to be a...

BOBCAT (in my heart.)





No comments:

Post a Comment